Undercoating the Bus

March 15, 2010

My Bus has no rust and I want to keep it that way - So I spend 12 hours under the Bus cleaning to get ready to undercoat the bus.

It worked well - though its not like paint - you just spray it on and try to get a even spray - but don't spray too much in one area - as it will build up and run.  (Let the first coat dry before adding more coats)

I didn't get a picture before cleaning - but here is after cleaning:  (You can see the Bus was originally 'Red')




After undercoating:



I waited for that first layer to dry so I could apply a few more coats.

Now that was a lot of work!




Heres are a link with some good info:

http://www.wolfsburgii.com/undercoat.htm



4 comments:

Scotty said...

Looking good.
Mine looks like it was sprayed underneath a while back, however, it will need to be "touched up" after I re-paint. What kind of undercoat did you use? Your bus looks great underneath!

Blogger said...

Hi - I used the DupliColor "Professional Undercoat with Sound Eliminator", it worked well for me.

Thanks!
Paul

The Volkster said...

How did you clean under the bus?

Blogger said...

I washed the area with a good scrub pad, soap and water to remove all the dirt (Simply Green and wire brush for the caked on dirt/oil) then used a blow dryer to make sure it was nice and dry.

Good Luck!

Paul